It Doesn't Suck
- Despite its exceedingly poor theatrical and critical consensus during its 1995 release, Showgirls generated over $100M in the home video market and is one of MGM’s top 20 all-time sellers. Consistently rated one of the worst films ever made, it is a cult classic which Rolling Stone called “The Greatest Stripper Movie Ever Made”.
- When it was originally released in 2014, It Doesn’t Suck received wide acclaim from such publications as Las Vegas Weekly, The A.V. Club, Slate, and Paste Magazine.
- Adam Nayman regularly tweets to his 4.3K followers. Showgirls is available to rent/buy on iTunes, and Amazon.
- We are releasing this revised version of our 1st book in the series timed with the 10th installment.
- At Winter Institute, independent booksellers in the U.S. expressed enthusiasm about ECW’s Pop Classics series, especially its aesthetics for display in their stores.
Adam Nayman is a film critic and lecturer in Toronto. He is a contributing editor to Cinema Scope and writes regularly for Reverse Shot, Quill & Quire and The Ringer. He is one of the writers of the Viceland television series The Vice Guide to Film and has taught classes on film at the University of Toronto and Ryerson. He is the author of two books: Showgirls: It Doesn’t Suck and Ben Wheatley: Confusion and Carnage.