C. Daniel Prather Richard N. Steele
Aviation Supplies & Acad Inc
eBundle: printed book and ebook download code
Airport Management is an up-to-date and industry-relevant textbook providing useful insight into all aspects of airports. With more than a decade of experience as an airport administrator, author Dr. Daniel Prather, A.A.E, CAM, provides a valuable, real-world perspective with an emphasis on the practical application required for the successful management and operation of airports. This comprehensive resource covers:
- history of airports and the airline industry
- airport structure and ownership
- air traffic, capacity, and delay?and techniques to manage demand
- airport planning and the role of aviation activity forecasts
- design and construction
- environmental impacts and regulatory compliance
- airport operations and maintenance, with a focus on 14 CFR Part 139
- safety and security
- governmental, legal, and public relations
- properties, contracts, and commercial development
- financial management, capital development funding, and the economic impact of airports
- future challenges and opportunities for airports
Written in an easy-to-read format with full-color illustrations throughout, each chapter contains objectives, key terms, questions for review and discussion, and suggested resources for further study. Airport Management provides a comprehensive introduction to this career as well as useful scenarios and case studies to equip airport professionals with the essential knowledge and tools to solve contemporary issues faced on the job.
Author C. Daniel Prather: Dr. Prather is an Accredited Airport Executive through the American Association of Airport Executives (AAAE), a Certified Aviation Manager through the National Business Aviation Association (NBAA), and an instrument-rated private pilot. He holds a Doctor of Philosophy degree from the University of Nebraska at Lincoln, a Master of Public Administration degree from Southern Illinois University at Carbondale, and a Bachelor of Commercial Aviation degree from Delta State University. Having served as Assistant Director of Operations at Tampa International Airport (TPA) from 1998 to 2006, and Associate Professor of Aerospace at Middle Tennessee State University (MTSU) from 2006 to 2012, Dr. Prather has been serving as professor and founding chair of the Department of Aviation Science at California Baptist University (CBU) since July 2012.
Foreword by Richard N. Steele: Richard N. Steele, C.M., MCA, is Chief of Operations I at Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), and Los Angeles World Airports (LAWA).