Corneal Tomography in Clinical Practice (Pentacam System)
Basics and Clinical Interpretation
Mazen M Sinjab
Jaypee Bros Medical Pub Pvt Ltd
Corneal tomography is a non-invasive medical imaging technique for mapping the surface curvature of the cornea, the outer structure of the eye. This procedure may be carried out with a Pentacam, which uses a rotating camera to create a 3D image of the anterior of the eye.
This fourth edition has been fully updated to provide the latest developments in corneal tomography using the Pentacam system.
Beginning with an introduction, the following sections cover corneal maps and profiles, corneal refraction, Wavefront analysis, systematic interpretation of corneal tomography, and corneal tomography in ectatic corneal diseases.
The book is highly illustrated with colour images, figures and clinical examples. Previous edition (9789386261106) published in 2018.
Authored by recognised expert Mazen M Sinjab, this book is the first to:
- Establish screening guidelines
- Present a new systematic interpretation of corneal tomography
- Present a new practical subjective scoring system, the Sinjab’s PS3 algorithm
- Present a new algorithm for best IOL selection in lens-based and modern cataract surgery, the Sinjab’s PSIS algorithm
- Discuss false positives and false negatives
- Address tomographic features of corneas after keratorefractive procedures and after corneal grafts
- Study in-depth corneal irregularities using a new 4-selective composite map
- Present a new understanding of corneal astigmatism
- Address the new concept of corneal refraction and related subjects such as objective corneal dioptric power and astigmatic disparity
- Show the importance of enantiomorphism
- Present entities misdiagnosed as ectasia and offer guidance on how to differentiate them from ectasia
- Discuss the progression criteria of ectatic corneal diseases
- Apply a detailed corneal tomography for cataract surgery
Mazen M Sinjab MD MSc ABOphth PhD FRCOphth (Hons) CertLRS (London)
Professor of Ophthalmology, Damascus University, Syria; Senior Consultant of Ophthalmology, Dr Haifa Eye Hospital, Bahrain