Markers on the Journey Toward Becoming a House of Prayer
P. Douglas Small
OverviewMilestones: Markers on the Journey Toward Becoming a House of Prayer is a roadmap to make your church "a house of prayer for the nations."
Readers will learn:
- Why a pastor's call is to be a man of prayer first, a holy man of God second, and only then a preacher
- Why a pastor is called to watch the flock he feeds in prayer
- How the church is called to be a missional community, as concerned for the lost as they are for their own nurture
- How the church is called to bring prayerful creativity and deep dependence on God to the heart of everything it does
- Why prayer should not merely be a prop for congregational activities
Everything begins in prayer and is sustained in prayer – a praying people constitute a praying church, and a praying church is a church revived and awakened. Whether you follow this guide fastidiously or casually, you and your prayer team will be stretched in their thinking, advised, admonished, counseled, about the practical aspects of change as your congregation re-centers itself in Christocentric, transformational prayer with a missional interface.