Key Clinical Topics in Trauma
Keith Porter Ian Greaves Derek Burke
Key Clinical Topics in Trauma presents a brand new addition to the Key Clinical Topics series. This book provides a comprehensive overview of the subject, comprising 100 carefully selected topics in alpha order that together provide an extensive understanding of the management of traumatic injuries. This collection of highly practical guides systematically addresses management techniques for a large number of clinical settings.
Edited by experienced specialists, with contributions from consultants who have recognised expertise in their field, this book provides an authoritative and up-to-date guide on the treatment of traumatic injuries. Designed to enable rapid access to core information, Key Clinical Topics in Trauma offers effective exam revision and the ideal quick reference for day-to-day practice.
- 100 topics presented in alpha order, from abdominal trauma to wrist and carpal injuries
- Effective exam revision for MCEM and FCEM candidates
- Succinct coverage of trauma treatment modalities and complications
- Includes clinical photos and diagrams to improve understanding of concepts
- Contributions from experienced specialists to ensure authoritative, accurate content
Sir Keith Porter MB BS FRCS(Ed) FRCS(Eng) FIMC RCS(Ed) FFSEM(UK) FCEM
Consultant and Professor of Clinical Traumatology, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Birmingham, UK
Ian Greaves MBChB FRCP FCOM RCSEd DTMeH DipMedEd
Consultant and Professor of Emergency Medicine, The James Cook University Hospital, Middlesbrough, UK
Derek Burke MBChB FRCS(Ed) FRCS(Glas) FRCPCH FFAEM
Consultant and Professor of Paediatric Emergency Medicine Sheffield Children's NHS Foundation Trust, Sheffield, UK