Pocket Tutor Emergency Imaging
Mandip K Heir Ram Vaidhyanath
Titles in the Pocket Tutor series give practical guidance on subjects that medical students and foundation doctors need help with “on the go”, at a highly affordable price that puts them within reach of those rotating through modular courses or working on attachment.
Topics reflect information needs stemming from today’s integrated undergraduate & foundation courses:
- Common investigations (ECG, imaging, etc)
- Clinical skills (surface anatomy, patient examination, etc.)
- Clinical specialties that students perceive as too small to merit a textbook (psychiatry, renal medicine)
- Highly affordable price and convenient pocket size format – fits in back pocket!
- Logical, sequential content: the first principles of emergency imaging, then a guide to understanding a normal image and the building blocks of an abnormal image, before describing specific clinical disorders
- Clinical disorders are illustrated by high quality radiographs, ultrasounds, CTs and MRIs, with brief accompanying text that clearly identifies the defining feature of the image
- Focuses on the conditions that medical students and foundation doctors are most likely to see and be tested on
Mandip K Heir MRCS
Specialty Registrar in Radiology, University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust
Ram Vaidhyanath DMRD DNB FRCR
Consultant Radiologist, University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust