101 Awesome Women Who Transformed Science
Claire Philip Isabel Muñoz
Arcturus Publishing Limited
"Reading this book has altered by angle of vision. If it had been available to me when I was twelve it would have transformed it entirely" - Laurence Inman, The School Reading List
Discover the inspirational stories of 101 brilliant female scientists and the many discoveries, inventions and breakthroughs they brought into the world.
This book features inspiring STEM heroes from many different countries and cultures, some of which are still working today - pushing the frontiers of scientific fields from engineering to astrophysics.
These trailblazing women will fire the imagination of children everywhere! The captivating biographies, quotations and accessible facts are brought to life with charming illustrations.
These pioneering women include:
• Katherine G. Johnson (African American mathematician during NASAs first space launch)
• Ellen Ochoa (First Hispanic woman astronaut)
• Émilie du Châtelet (French mathematician in the 1700s who fought for her rights to study math/science)
• Etta Zuber Falconer (one of the 1st African American women to receive a PhD in Mathematics)
• Carol Shaw (First female video game designer)
• Joy Adamson (scientist/conservationist who raised lion cubs)
• Sun Yung Alice Chang (Chinese American mathematician)
This is a perfect title for kids aged 8+.
Claire Philip is an experienced children's editor and writer based in the Essex countryside. She loves writing young fact and fiction books to ignite a sense of wonder in children, and has worked on hundreds of titles over the last ten years. Her favorite topics are the natural world, science, history - and even unicorns.
Painting was Isabel Muñoz's favorite game as a child and, as she grew, became her favorite hobby. When the time came it was only natural for Isabel to go on to study Fine Arts at the University Complutense of Madrid, Spain. Isabel's shelves have always been filled with beautifully illustrated books, and she loves to spend many hours carefully studying their magic. Today, after a lot of hard work and lots of full sketchbooks, Isabel is proud to call Illustration her dream job.