Good Kids, Difficult Behavior
OverviewWhy did my child do this? How could this have happened? A step-by-step guide that answers these questions and teaches parents, teachers, and other professionals practical ways to work with even the most non-responsive, discipline-resistant, hostile or otherwise difficult children and teens. Proven techniques for bringing about positive changed.
In this simple, easy and fast reading book you will learn:
- Why traditional disciplinary methods often backfire with difficult children
- How to establish conflict prevention conditions within your work setting
- How voice, body language and creativity can promote or discourage cooperative behavior
- How to prevent or defuse antagonistic responses; how to help impulsive children to think before they act
- How to communicate effectively with parents of difficult children
- How to avoid burn out and take care of yourself when working with difficult children
- guidelines for working with Attention Deficit Disorder children
- Ten basic principles for encouraging positive, compliant behavior, guidelines for positive communication with difficult children
- Crisis intervention strategies for regaining control of an out-of-control situation.