Chapman's Comprehensive Orthopaedic Surgery
Five Volume Set
Michael W Chapman Michelle A James
Jaypee Bros Medical Pub Pvt Ltd
Chapman’s Comprehensive Orthopaedic Surgery, 4th Edition, comprising 5807 pages across five volumes, has been totally updated and expanded to provide comprehensive coverage of the workup, medical and surgical treatment and rehabilitation of musculoskeletal disorders. The senior editors and 12 section editors from the University of California Davis Medical Center along with 554 internationally renowned experts provide in 12 subspecialty sections, containing 285 chapters, detailed coverage of all aspects of orthopaedic surgery and physical medicine and rehabilitation.
The book begins with the physical examination and workup of musculoskeletal disorders, preoperative planning and perioperative management. This is followed by subspecialty sections on fractures and dislocations, malunions and nonunions, infectious, metabolic, neurological and other disorders, the hand-wrist and forearm, microsurgery, shoulder and elbow, oncology, amputations, sports injuries and arthroscopy, foot and ankle, spine, pediatric disorders. The final section contains 26 extensive chapters on physical medicine and rehabilitation.
Chapman’s Comprehensive Orthopaedic Surgery is an indispensable resource for practicing orthopaedic surgeons, residents, fellows and physiatrists. In addition to the total evaluation and workup of the patient, the step-by step description of over 1500 surgical procedures are bulleted for clarity with “tips and tricks”. The text is richly illustrated with over 13,000 drawings, images, charts, tables and algorithms.
- New, completely revised and expanded comprehensive 5807-page guide to orthopaedic surgery, physical medicine and rehabilitation
- Previous edition (9780781714877) published in 2001
- 554 internationally renowned contributors
- 12 subspecialty sections edited by experts from the University of California Davis Medical Center
- Over 13,000 illustrations, images, tables and algorithms
- Electronic-edition with full text and links to videos is accessible online and accompanies the purchase of the print edition
Michael W Chapman MD
Emeritus Professor, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of California, Davis Medical Centre, Davis, California, USA
Michelle A James MD
Chief, Orthopaedic Surgery, Shriners Hospital for Children, and Chief, Division of Paediatric Orthopaedic Surgery, University of California Davis Medical Centre, Sacramento, California, USA