The Complete Source book of Methods and Media
Arcturus Publishing Limited
Which canvas fabric is best for oil paints? When should you use colored inks? How can you avoid the darkening of acrylics over time?
Choosing the right materials for your artwork can be tricky. Artist's Materials is a compact, indispensable and comprehensive guide to help you with these dilemmas, useful for both experienced and aspiring artists. Full of detailed advice on an array of materials and techniques, topics include:
• How to pick your paints, be it oils, acrylics, watercolors or tempera
• Painting techniques, including encaustic painting and gesso grounds
• How to use fixatives, primers and varnishes
• Making your own materials, such as canvases, paints and glues
• Information on drawing materials, color mixing and brushes
With a pigment color index, a glossary of key terms and information on caring for and storing your finished artwork, this book will equip you with all the tools you need to become a confident and versatile artist.