Discovering the Treasures of Divine Life
St. Benedict Press LLC
Some of the most important and necessary building blocks of human life are so often taken for granted: water, air, fire, food. . . . We live each day without any sense of gratitude for these blessings that sustain our physical life.
And so it is for our spiritual life. The sacraments are the very lifeblood of our soul, yet in the midst of our busy lives, we can fail to understand their power and importance. Without them, we are spiritually dead. With them, the very life of God runs through us.
In this new book from Fr. Matthew Kauth, the Church's seven sacraments are presented in such a way that no reader will ever again take them for granted. Fr. Kauth brilliantly illuminates not only the scriptural foundation and profound spiritual realities of each sacrament but also the necessity of each as a means to living a happy and fulfilled life that leads to heaven.
- How the sacraments are anchored in the life and death of Jesus and are the medium through which he pours his life into our souls.
- Discovering the purpose, meaning, and symbolism behind the matter of the sacraments: water, bread, oil, wine.
- Understanding how Christ administers his sacraments through human hands and what our own role is in receiving them.
- How Mary's strength and fortitude, attributes we don't normally attribute to her, are a model for Confirmation.
- An expert dissection of the instrumentality, effects, elements, character, and fruits of each sacrament.
- How the sacrament of marriage reaches all the way back to Genesis but finds its full meaning in the passion of Jesus.
Christ told us, “Where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.” Stop searching for the treasures of this world that only leave your heart empty, but instead, welcome the treasures he is waiting to give you . . . the treasures of his divine life.