The Parent's Guide to Self-Harm
What parents need to know
The first book on self-harm written for parents by parents.
Are you concerned that your child may be self-harming?
Are you wondering what to do for the best?
Do you need more information and help?
If so, this is the book for you.
An ever-increasing number of young people are turning to self-harm in order to cope with the pressures of modern living, and this poses a huge problem for parents and others who care for them.
This book provides the answers you need to questions such as:
- How do I know for sure whether my child is self-harming?
- How should I approach my child?
- What help and treatment is available to us?
- What can I do to help my child?
- How have other parents coped?
Full of the real-life experiences of other parents who have been there, this is a practical book that will both inform and equip you to help your child and yourself through this difficult time.